Inorganic 75/25 Mix - Imperial Bonsai Soil
- Multi-Purpose Blend, 75% Inorganic and 25% Organic Material
- Hand-Blended Daily to Ensure Freshness
- Provides Fantastic Drainage and Incredible Results
- Gives Excellent Oxygen Circulation
- In General, One Quart of Potting Mix Fills a Six Inch Wide Pot, Two Four Inch Pots, or Half of an Eight Inch Pot With No Plant in it.
Inorganic 75/25 Bonsai Soil Mix is made with:
- Precision Extra Small Aged New Zealand Monterey Pine Bark
- Turface MVP
- Stalite Expanded Slate (Haydite rotary kiln process)
- Pea Gravel
This fresh made 75/25 small batch Bonsai mix is another one of our excellent multi-purpose blends designed for great drainage, excellent oxygen circulation, stable PH and nice durability. The mix is 75% Inorganic and 25% organic. Each of the elements play a unique role in making this mix an excellent choice. The pine is an aged pinus radiata imported from New Zealand. Small Stalite is an all natural medium mined in the U.S. from volcanic slate which is then rotary kiln fired at over 2000 degrees. The material is then made into sterile granules that are extremely porous and PH neutral. It is much like a sponge that has been turned to stone that can hold moisture and oxygen but doesn't become saturated. Pea Gravel describes small unevenly shaped pebbles that are tan and golden in color with small chips and a bit of sharp sand included. Turface MVP is a calcinated clay medium which is fired at 1200 degrees which expands the clay to form tiny air pockets. This means it can hold moisture and oxygen but doesn't become saturated.
The result of bringing these varied media together is a terrific all-purpose Bonsai mix that lasts, that promotes great drainage and aeration, that looks as good as it works and that won't compact.
Small particle sizes can be further screened as needed per specific requirements.