Deciduous Mix - Imperial Bonsai Soil
- Specifically Designed for Deciduous Bonsai
- Hand-Blended Daily to Ensure Freshness
- Provides Fantastic Drainage and Incredible Results
- Gives Excellent Oxygen Circulation
- In General, One Quart of Potting Mix Fills a Six Inch Wide Pot, Two Four Inch Pots, or Half of an Eight Inch Pot With No Plant in it.
Deciduous Bonsai Soil Mix is made with:
- Precision Extra Small Aged New Zealand Monterey Pine Bark
- Turface MVP
- Small Granite Chips
- Stalite Expanded Slate (Haydite rotary kiln process)
Our Imperial Deciduous Bonsai potting mix is specially formulated for Hornbeam, Apricot, Larche, Gingo, Crabapple and many Elms, in addition to a wide variety of other Deciduous trees. Deciduous trees are those that lose their leaves in the Fall/Winter as they go into their dormancy period just like other trees we are all familiar with. In fact, just like trees outdoors in the woods or in landscapes, Deciduous Bonsai need to grow outdoors as the onset of the cold Winter months signal the tree to go into rest mode, or dormancy. Deciduous Bonsai produce beautiful Spring and Fall foliage, and are often spectacular in their brilliant Fall colors, just like those beautiful trees we all marvel at when taking a walk or drive in Autumn. Colors typically range from yellows to orange hues and deep reds. Deciduous Bonsai are typically repotted and root pruned in early Spring, before buds swell and new growth begins.
Small particle sizes can be further screened as needed per specific requirements.